Jon Hunt

Friday, April 1, 2011

The Moving Van Came

I had an interesting experience some time ago. I took a buyer to a meeting with the seller of a sandwich shop.

When asked what his timetable was for selling he said, "Today. I don't want to own this business. I never wanted to own this business."

He certainly gave all the signals of a motivated seller.

The buyer made an offer and there was a counter offer...then the buyer made a better offer, which was, in my opinion, a very good offer.

The seller rejected the offer and the deal died.

This week the moving van came and hauled away the counters, chairs, refrigerators and other equipment.

It's a sad story that did not have to have to be sad. The seller could have walked away with a check and fewer headaches and stress...now he probably still has the headaches and stress, but he doesn't have the check.

No comments:

Post a Comment